- 1 refrigerated piecrust
- 1 tablespoon Dijon country-style (course-grain) mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 medium onions, sliced lengthwise
- Sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 ounces chanterelle mushrooms, sliced lengthwise
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Roll out piecrust to fit in a 12-inch tart pan. Place in pan and press into the sides. Coat surface with mustard. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool.
- To prepare filling, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté 15 minutes. Add salt, pepper and thyme leaves. Scrape into a small bowl.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Add mushrooms and cook 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine eggs and half-and-half and beat until well blended.
- Sprinkle about half the cheese on the bottom of tart shell. Spoon in onions. Pour in egg mixture. Place mushrooms all over the top, along with remaining cheese.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until tart is golden brown and filling is set. Serve warm or room temperature. Serves 12.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: