- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces kielbasa smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 8 frozen chicken tenders, about 1 pound total
- 12 ounces frozen pepper stir-fry or 2 1/2 cups chopped red and green pepper and 1 cup slivered onion
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice (not instant)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, optional
- 1 teaspoon Hot pepper sauce, optional
Recipe by Nancy Hughes.
- Place a Dutch oven over medium high heat until hot. Add oil and tilt pot to coat bottom. Add sausage and cook 5 minutes or until beginning to brown on edges, stirring frequently. Add chicken, pepper stir-fry, tomatoes, water, rice, Worcestershire and thyme. Increase heat to high, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender and mixture has thickened, stirring midway.
- Remove from heat and add salt and parsley, if desired. Cover tightly and let stand 15 minutes to absorb flavors. Serve with hot pepper sauce.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: