- 4 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups coarsely chopped (1/2-inch) iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup (1/2-inch) diced cucumber
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 green onions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- 1 (5-ounce) can or pouch tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
Recipe by Jean Kressy
For more dinner recipes under 400 calories and with less than 20 grams of fat, check out our FREE 25 Dinners on a Diet Recipe Collection for the iPad on iTunes.
- In a large skillet, fry bacon over medium-low heat, turning often, until crisp and brown. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Tear into small pieces.
- In a small bowl whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, salt and pepper until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, cucumber, peas, parsley, onion and tuna; add buttermilk dressing and toss to combine. Transfer to serving plates; sprinkle with bacon and eggs.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: