- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can whole tomatoes, with juice, coarsely chopped
- 6 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (20-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 pound green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 unpeeled eggplant, coarsely chopped
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion; saute 3 minutes. Add garlic, turmeric, cumin, black pepper and red pepper; saute 3 minutes.
- Transfer onion mixture to a slow cooker, along with tomatoes, vegetable broth and salt. Cover and cook on high 1 hour.
- Add garbanzo beans, sweet potatoes, raisins, green beans, zucchini and eggplant. Continue cooking on high 1 1⁄2 hours or on low 2 to 3 hours, until vegetables are tender. Serve over couscous.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: