- 6 large green Hatch peppers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded queso blanco or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Snipped fresh cilantro
Recipe by David Feder.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Brush peppers with 1 tablespoon oil. Grill or broil until skins char and peppers are slightly softened (about 10 minutes), turning several times. Let peppers cool. Peel and discard skins.
- Make a T-shaped cut along the side of each pepper; remove seeds and membranes. (For hotter stuffing, save seeds.)
- Heat remaining oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cumin, then pour eggs into skillet. Add salt and saved pepper seeds, if using. Stir and cook eggs to scramble. Set aside to cool. Add cheese to egg mixture.
- Spoon filling into each pepper. Place on a foil-lined rack. Grill on lowest setting of a closed grill or bake in a 350F oven until heated through. Serve with sour cream and snipped cilantro.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: