- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream (or more, to taste)
- 3 (7-ounce) boneless duck breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Recipe by Marge Perry.
- Preheat oven to 400F; coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine red wine, chicken broth, cherries, vinegar and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil 6 to 8 minutes or until slightly reduced. Reduce heat, add cream, and simmer 2 to 3 minutes longer. Keep warm over low heat.
- With the tip of a sharp knife, score the skin of duck breasts diagonally in two directions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high; add duck breasts skin side down and cook 4 minutes. Turn and cook 4 minutes longer or until browned on both sides. Transfer to prepared baking dish and finish cooking the duck in the oven for 10 minutes or to desired degree of doneness.
- Cut duck across into thin slices; fan on plate and top with sauce to serve.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: