- 1 (9-inch) piecrust, unbaked
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose white flour
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated maple sugar or light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups light sour cream
- 1 dash salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, preferably freshly grated
- 3/4 cup walnut pieces
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine eggs, flour, syrup, sugar, vanilla, sour cream, salt and nutmeg in the bowl of an electric mixer, beat well. Stir in walnuts.
- Lower heat to 350F. Pour filling into piecrust. Place filled crust on a cookie sheet (to catch spills).
- Bake about 40 to 45 minutes, or until the top is a deep, shiny golden brown and the filling is set around the edges (it should wobble a bit in the middle, though).
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing. Serve either chilled or at room temperature.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: