- 2 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 package (3-ounce) sliced prosciutto
- 6 ounces grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves (about 4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup brandy
- Rosemary sprigs
- 1/2 cup beef broth
Relish, April 2006
For a complete menu featuring Rosa di Parma, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.
- Butterfly beef with a sharp, thin bladed knife, by cutting lengthwise down center of tenderloin; open like a book. Cover with parchment and pound until beef is about ¼-inch thick.
- Stir together olive oil and garlic. Brush beef with half the garlic oil. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Arrange prosciutto over entire surface of beef. Top with cheese and spinach leaves. Carefully roll meat lengthwise into a long slender roll. Using kitchen twine, tie to secure.
- Mix together salt, sage and chopped rosemary and rub into surface of meat. Combine remaining garlic oil and butter in a Dutch oven or deep skillet; place over medium heat. Add beef, turning to brown all sides.
- Add brandy and sprigs of rosemary to pan and allow brandy to reduce. Pour in beef broth. Continue to cook, turning and basting with pan juices about 30 minutes for rare (140F) or longer for desired doneness. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove twine and slice.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: