- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice (from sectioning the grapefruit for salad)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 tablespoons walnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large head butter lettuce, washed, dried, broken up into large leaves
- 2 avocados, sliced, dipped in lime juice
- 2 ruby grapefruit, sectioned (reserve juice for dressing)
- 1/2 red onion, slivered
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
Recipe by Nancy Vienneau.
- To prepare dressing, place all ingredients except oil in bowl of food processor. Process while adding oil 1 tablespoon at a time. Makes 2/3 cup.
- To prepare salad, place butter lettuce leaves onto salad plate. Compose salad with avocado, grapefruit and onion. Top with toasted walnuts. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: