- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cherries
Recipe courtesy of the American Dairy Farmers.
- In a medium skillet, melt 1/2 cup butter over medium heat. When butter begins to foam, add onion and garlic; cook until butter turns a nut brown color. Remove from heat and stir in sage, salt and pepper. Cool completely.
- Place remaining butter in a medium mixing bowl and beat with a mixer until light and fluffy. Scrape downs sides of bowl.
- Add brown butter mixture and beat to combine, scraping down sides of bowl. Stir in cherries.
- Scrape into a small bowl, crock or butter mold and cover tightly or shape into a long roll in waxed paper for storing and slicing as needed.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: