- Olive oil for brushing ramekins
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup panko breakcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 8 ounces cavatappi pasta
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces shredded smoked Gouda (about 1 cup)
- 3 ounces shredded sharp white Cheddar (about ¾ cup)
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly oil 6 (1-cup) ramekins, and set on a baking sheet. Melt 1 tablespoon butter and combine with panko. Stir in 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, undercooking by 2 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Add flour and mustard; whisk 2 minutes. Add milk, whisking to combine. Increase heat to medium and bring to a boil. Simmer, still whisking, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper and remove from heat; stir in Gouda until fully combined, then stir in Cheddar and remaining ¼ cup Parmesan.
- Drain tomatoes in a strainer. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add tomatoes and pour in sauce. Stir to blend. Transfer to ramekins. Sprinkle panko mixture over tops. Bake about 20 minutes, until golden and cheese is bubbling.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: