- 8 ounces dried spaghetti
- 3 ounces pancetta or bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ribbons
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, divided
Recipe by Jennifer Perillo.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta; sauté until almost crisp. Add shallots; sauté until shallots are golden and pancetta is crisp but not burned.
- Add pasta to skillet; toss, cooking over medium heat. Add eggs; stir vigorously, scraping pan to loosen cooked egg. Add zucchini; toss well. Add cheese; toss. Stir in half-and-half, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated, adding some reserved pasta cooking water if the mixture seems too dry.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: