- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12-ounce) package Toll House semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- In large bowl, combine sugar and butter. Beat with a mixer a medium high speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Gradually blend in flour mixture. Stir in Toll House morsels. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 70 to 75 minutes. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. (I sift a little bit of powdered sugar on top.)
Testers’ notes: A great, simple cake—very moist and dense.
Videos You Might Also Like