- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 4 1/2 cups seeded watermelon chunks
- 3 cups chopped, seeded tomatoes (about 6 medium)
- 2 medium cucumbers, seeded
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar or fruit vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped herbs, such as mint, chives and parsley
Recipe by Morgan Jarrett and Brian Abrams
- To prepare gazpacho, dice a portion of onion, watermelon, tomatoes and cucumber to produce 1/2 cup. Set aside.
- Place remaining onion, watermelon, tomatoes and cucumber in food processor with remaining ingredients. Process until smooth.
- To prepare oil, chill oil at least 30 minutes. Add herbs and purée in a blender until smooth.
- To serve, place gazpacho in bowls or glasses and garnish with reserved watermelon mixture and a drizzle of herb oil (you’ll have oil left over)
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: