- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -- fennel bulb, chopped
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced (white part only)
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 -- bunch Swiss chard, coarsely chopped
- -- Baguette slices
- -- Shredded Gruyere cheese
Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven. Add fennel and leeks; sauté 5 minutes. Add beans and broth. Bring to a simmer. If desired, mash some of beans with a potato masher to make a creamy consistency. Stir in Swiss chard. Cook 10 to 15 minutes, until chard is tender.
Top baguette slices with cheese. Toast until cheese melts and bread is crispy. Serve with soup.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: